A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Mortgage Application and CSA Payments

  • bryce125
  • bryce125's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
10 Aug 12 #348617 by bryce125
Topic started by bryce125
Please could someone help me with this?

I have been divorced for 4 months now. I was awarded the FMH in Court. I only pay the interest on the mortgage. It makes sense for me to move to something smaller and more affordable. My home is on the market and I have found somewhere else to buy.

This morning I was informed that the mortgage company have withdrawn their offer of 72K mortgage, and have offered me 66,500K on the proviso that CSA payments are enforced by a Court Order. This seems particularly unfair as he is making the payments. Also I would''ve thought the CSA payments were pretty water tight?

If I have to do this, which I really don''t, can I use collaborative law? And would that be a cheaper option than to apply for a court order? Thank You.

  • cookie2
  • cookie2's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Aug 12 #348622 by cookie2
Reply from cookie2
Since you had to go to court I assume your ex would not be co-operative in this process. So if you need a court order you would have to fight for it.

If this is the case, and you''ve already had your final hearing, then I do doubt your chances of success. I think a court would simply tell you to go to the CSA for child support.

I would look for a different lender, or ask the lender if CSA documentation is good enough. An order through CSA is much easier than through court.

  • maisymoos
  • maisymoos's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
10 Aug 12 #348623 by maisymoos
Reply from maisymoos
The Courts will not get involved with CSA arrangements, the CSA are accountable for enforcing payments.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.