A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.


  • thornycroft
  • thornycroft's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
29 Aug 12 #352564 by thornycroft
Topic started by thornycroft
We have a joinr mortgage. I want to leave and rent but what happens to my half of the mortgage ? Is he equally responsible for my rent costs ? Can I repay once house is sold?

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
29 Aug 12 #352566 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Welcome to Wikivorce.

As it is a joint mortgage, you re both responsible for ensuring payments are met and kept up to date.

He wouldn''t be responsible for your rental costs, esp if he is left with paying the mortgage on his own.

The usual advice is to not leave the home (unless it is a question of personal safety).

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.