A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

What to do when 1 party no longer pays their way?

  • BirdyBob
  • BirdyBob's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
06 Sep 12 #354244 by BirdyBob
Topic started by BirdyBob
Hello all,
I have taken control of the mortgage payments and have always paid the household bills. My stbxh is still living in the MH and hasn''t paid his half of all costs (bills, mortgage etc) yet. He is going on holiday soon for a few weeks and I''m unlikely to see him stump up his half before he goes. Both of our names are on the mortgage as well as the deeds. I have started divorce proceedings and I''m looking to buy stbxh out of the MH. There are no children involved (thankfully). What can I do?
He also regularly puts the house at risk by leaving the back door open, leaving the oven on, leaving the gas hob burning, leaving windows open and then going out, what can I do about this? I''m keeping a diary of all unreasonable behaviour episodes but I no longer want my home put at risk. I''m at the stage where I get quite anxious when I''m not at home due to his irresponsible behaviour.

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
07 Sep 12 #354363 by dukey
Reply from dukey
Do you still live together?, does he work?, how long were you married?.

Court can`t assist at all until you send that Petition, in section 10 of D10 the first box top left is for a maintenance pending suit, if you tick that and he works and earns a reasonable amount the court can make an interim order to make him pay his share, the fact that he is going on holiday soon suggests he can.

  • BirdyBob
  • BirdyBob's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
07 Sep 12 #354445 by BirdyBob
Reply from BirdyBob
Unfortunately we still live in the same house. Co habitted for 6-7 years and married for 4. Should hopefully be putting Petition in early part of next week. We both work and he earns slightly more than I do.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.