A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

who submits form d 81

  • dukey
  • dukey's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
04 Feb 08 #12772 by dukey
Topic started by dukey
who submits form d81 and is this the Consent Order or do i submit a letter with d 81 to confirm we dont want enything from each other also my s2bx is liveing with a man though seperate bedrooms does this matter i notice on the form there is a qu on co-habititng i dowt my s2bx will admit to her friend liveing with her any advice is welcome dukey

  • Josh2008
  • Josh2008's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
04 Feb 08 #12819 by Josh2008
Reply from Josh2008
Either party can submit form D81

However it is best to gather all the information together and submit it in one go completed and signed

You need at least 3 copies if only going for "Clean Break" and neither party wanting any claim now or in the future.

It must be submitted along with your agreement for the court to make it legally binding

It is up to both parties to submit the required information truthfully, as any discrepancy later found out could be challenged at a later date

  • Robert1977
  • Robert1977's Avatar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
10 Jul 08 #31886 by Robert1977
Reply from Robert1977
Is that 3 seperate copies 2 of which are filled in by each person, or 3 copies of the same document?

I am a little stuck with this form. I have been sent one to fill in by my ex wifes solicitor, but am unsure how much information to put down and if it should include my undertsanding of my wife's position, or just mine.

Then I wonder if I would see the final copy prior to it;s submission to the courts....just to see that there are no discrepancies or underdeclared income etc

  • D L
  • D L's Avatar
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
11 Jul 08 #32110 by D L
Reply from D L
Hi Dukey

The D81 is not the consent order, it is the statement of information that goes with it, so that the judge can see if the agreement reached is fair.


Why dont you call her solicitor and ask them to fill out her information so that you can see it while you are filling in yours. You can then send the completed one back to them.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.