A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Final Order Help Please

  • Phalenopsis
  • Phalenopsis's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
27 Mar 12 #320294 by Phalenopsis
Topic started by Phalenopsis
My mum of 71 years old has just attended Court for the Final Financial Hearing and she was self representing due to only having a state pension.
The judge said that if her husband could not afford to pay her the amount awarded that the house would need to be sold.
Mum''s name is on the deads of the house 50/50 although they have only been married for 6 years and her husband purchased the house with his money.
Mum is being bullied by his Solicitor and barrister and having read over the Court Order would like some items adding into the order to protect her interest in the house and make sure that he doesnt delay the sale just to draw things out.
She has been advised to add these points into the order but his Solicitor wants to ask him what he thinks about these additions.
Its pretty obvious that he will say no to any additions, so where does mum stand???
Surely her husband cant have a say in this??
His solicitors are being so nasty to mum.
This shouldnt be allowed.
What can she do?

Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

  • hadenoughnow
  • hadenoughnow's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
27 Mar 12 #320301 by hadenoughnow
Reply from hadenoughnow
AFAIK at the end of the day it is the judge who will decide if additional clauses can go in to the final order .. it is after all, the order of the court.

Of course it would be a lot easier if her ex agreed ...but, assuming what your mum wants adding is fairly straightforward stuff like deadlines for action, recourse to the court re valuation if house has not sold after a certain period of time, conduct of sale etc then I am pretty sure she can just write to the judge asking for these to be included. I think she should copy the letter to the ex''s solicitor.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.