A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help going to court over a Financial Settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support for people who are going to court over a fair financial settlement, for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

enforcement of consent order

  • Newbie
  • Newbie's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
23 Sep 12 #357517 by Newbie
Topic started by Newbie
Haven''t been on this site for a while - I thought everything was sorted, but now my ex decided to stop paying maintenance according to the Consent Order. He has recently moved and won''t tell me his new address.

Question: I have to send him an "official letter" asking him to pay according to the consent order by registered mail. Since I don''t know his address can I send it to his parents or to his work address? Or do I have to pay for a PI again to find out the address :S

  • LittleMrMike
  • LittleMrMike's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
24 Sep 12 #357545 by LittleMrMike
Reply from LittleMrMike
As long as he gets it and you can prove that he has received it, there should be no problem.

But if you send notices to his parents'' address or to his place of work, he will say he did not receive it and it may be difficult for you to prove otherwise.

So you are probably talking about using someone to serve him at his workplace. Could your solicitors not arrange this ?


  • Newbie
  • Newbie's Avatar Posted by
  • Senior Member
  • Senior Member
24 Sep 12 #357702 by Newbie
Reply from Newbie
Thanks Mike. I don''t have a solicitor at the moment (trying to save some money). The last time I had to employ a PI, it costed a fortune, but fortunately my ex was ordered to pay for the costs.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.