A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What is a Separation Agreement (England & Wales)

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar Posted by
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
25 May 20 #512579 by rubytuesday
Topic started by rubytuesday
Separation deeds or agreements are generally used where parties do not wish to divorce straight away but want to reach an early agreement on their financial affairs until they can bring divorce proceedings, usually after 2 years or more of separation.

The other situation in which a Separation Agreement can be used is in you need to put in place a quick legal agreement because you need to formalise a financial transaction such as a house sale or buy out, and cannot wait for the 4 months or so it would take to start a divorce and obtain a Consent Order.

A separation agreement contains clauses to regulate your separation, and put in place a deal covering the division of financial assets and maintenance.

Your separation agreement can deal with the following:

Maintenance for a spouse or child
The matrimonial home and other property dealt with
Life insurance policies and endowments
ISA's and Peps
Stocks and shares
pension sharing arrangements
Cars and other vehicles
Business and company assets
Tax issues and liabilities
Residence and contact
A separation agreement is a quick to implement temporary

Wikivorce fixed fee Separation Agreement service
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11