A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Separation date contributions since

  • JFKPKLONDON's Avatar Posted by
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
05 Sep 21 - 05 Sep 21 #517626 by JFKPKLONDON
Topic started by JFKPKLONDON
My wife and I have agreed to divorce, despite living under 1 roof with our 2 children we have a clear date as to when our seperation started over 18 months ago.

I am the main provider but despite being separated I have continued to contribute financially as if happily married, can the value of this 18 months of excessive contribution be considered in the impending financial settlement of the divorce? I do intend to start reducing the contribution to the mimimum and to the level where the kids will not be affected.


Last edit: 05 Sep 21 by JFKPKLONDON. Reason: Typo

  • WYSPECIAL's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
05 Sep 21 #517635 by WYSPECIAL
Reply from WYSPECIAL
You need to post more details but bear in mind spousal maintenance is based upon need and ability to pay.

By paying voluntarily for the last 18 months you have acknowledged that there is a need and that you have the ability to pay.

Put all of the financial details in one post and you’ll get replies.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.