A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Scotland:Solicitor Mgd Divorce plus Consent Order?

  • MrChatty
  • MrChatty's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
18 Jul 13 #401389 by MrChatty
Topic started by MrChatty
I notice the "Solicitor Mgd Divorce plus Consent Order service" is restricted to England/Wales.

My wife and I live in Scotland.

What do you recommend?

  • rubytuesday
  • rubytuesday's Avatar
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
18 Jul 13 #401391 by rubytuesday
Reply from rubytuesday
Scotland has a different jurisdiction and set of legislation to England/Wales, and the process for divorce and sorting out the finances is completely different in Scotland.

I suggest you do two things - make use of the expertise here on Wikivorce for general questions, and seek legal advice and assistance from a family law solicitor in Scotland for writing up the Separation Agreement, and the Writ for the divorce.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11