Consent Order - Simple Example
This is an example of a very simple Consent Order.
BEFORE [Deputy] District Judge sitting at County Court on the 7th day of October 2012
UPON reading the application of the parties dated 20th September 2012 and the Statement of Information dated 10th September 2012
UPON the Husband and the Wife agreeing that the provisions of this Order are accepted in full and final settlement of all financial claims whatsoever which either may be entitled to bring against the other howsoever arising.
AND UPON THE Husband and the Wife agreeing that neither of them has any legal or equitable interest in property or assets owned by the other save as provided for in this Order
BY CONSENT IT IS ORDERED THAT :
1. The Husband’s and the Wife’s claims and deemed claims for financial provision, pension sharing and property adjustment orders do stand dismissed and neither the Husband nor the Wife shall be entitled to make any further application in relation to their marriage under the Matrimonial Causes Act 1973 s23(1)(a) or (b).section 24 or section 28 1(a), The Pension Act 1995 or The Welfare Reform & Pensions Act 1999.
2. Subject as aforesaid and pursuant to the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependents) Act 1975, section 15, the court considering it just so to order, neither the Husband nor the Wife shall be entitled on the death of the other to apply for an order under section 2 of that Act.
3. There be no Order as to costs.
1. The couple agree not to make any claims, now or in the future, against each others property, pensions or income.
2. Both parties agree that if their ex dies before them - they will not make any claim on their estate. (Note: this is why it is important to make a new will after divorce).
3. Both parties have agreed to pay their own legal costs.