A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Financial Advice

Divorce can create significant financial challenges for everyone involved. This section contains a range of help, advice, tips and useful websites to help make the most of your money during and after your divorce.
11 results - showing 1 - 10
1 2
Title Deeds and Home Rights

When faced with separation or divorce people sometimes wish to know if they are on the Title deeds to a property. If you do not have a copy of the Title deeds to refer to, the Land Registry holds all records of who is on a propertys' Title deeds.

This web site provides information on Titles and how to apply to add your name to the Title deeds if it is not already on them. Just use the web sites' drop down menu under Forms & publications, go to Forms or Public Guides under this heading.

The relevent forms are HR1 to apply or HR2 to re-apply for your name to go on the Title in the forms section. And PG004 is the information about Protecting Matrimonial Home Rights under the Family Law Act 1996. They both open in a new window using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

You can usually contact your local Land Registry office to get advice on how to get copies of your Title deeds and you can also do a search online I believe, (fee may be applicable). 

Family Law Week: Practical pointers on equity transfers and capital adjustments.

Keith Farrell, Independent Mortgage Adviser, and principal of Figtree Mortgages in Bristol, looks at ways in which clients’ chances of approval for a mortgage can be increased in a climate where it appears lenders don’t want to be lenders any more, and where seemingly innocuous “history” can cause havoc with credit profiling.

08457 133 133

We make sure parents who live apart from their children contribute financially to their upkeep by paying child maintenance.

Child Benefit
Child Benefit Featured
0845 302 1444
Child Benefit is a tax-free payment that you can claim for your child. It is usually paid every four weeks but in some cases can be paid weekly, and there are separate rates for each child. The payment can be claimed by anyone who qualifies, whatever their income or savings.
Check your benefit entitlement
People across the UK are missing out on benefits and tax credits worth more than £8 billion a year. Entitledto can help make sure you get what is yours. Just use this simple calculator to work out how much you could claim.
Tax Credits
Tax Credits Featured
Tax credits are payments from the government. If you're responsible for at least one child or young person who normally lives with you, you may qualify for Child Tax Credit. If you work, but earn low wages, you may qualify for Working Tax Credit.
Save on Doctor's Prescriptions
NHS may be low cost but prescription charges add up.  Use a Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC) to save on regular prescriptions.
Job Centre Plus
0800 055 6688
Help and advice on job hunting and extra support. Help and advice on making or maintaining a benefit claim.
Money Saving Expert

A practical guide to saving money in a variety of ways. Although the website itself is non-commercial, its many links include money-saving offers from a number of different commercial sites.

Directgov - public services all in one place
Directgov is the website of the UK government providing information and online services for the public.
11 results - showing 1 - 10
1 2

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.