This is a guide to give parents who live apart impartial advice about employment oppurtunities and your rights.
This leaftlet is for you if you are the parent of a child and you are separated from the other parent. It will help you if:
- you are responsible for the main day-to-day care of your child, or
- you are living apart from your child and you are not the main day-to-day carer.
Guardians, relatives and anyone concerned about a chil or a family living apart may also find the leaflet useful.
How the leaflet can help you:
The leaflet tells you about:
- the options available for arranging child maintenance
- how to set up a child maintenance arrangement
- how you might negotiate with the other parent
- how to calculate child maintenance and what you might pay or receive
- practical steps forward and useful organisations that can help you.