A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders

Reciprocal Enforcement of Maintenance Orders (REMO) is the process by which maintenance orders made by UK courts, on behalf of UK residents, can be registered and enforced by courts or other authorities in other countries against people resident there.

How to apply

A UK resident who wishes to apply to obtain maintenance from a person overseas should approach:

  • their local magistrates' court (or county court where the order was made) if they have an existing court order for maintenance;
  • or their local magistrates' court if there is no existing order.

They may apply for their order to be enforced in the country where the payer resides.

Procedures also exist to enable an applicant to ask the foreign authorities to create an order for maintenance on their behalf. There is no need for the applicant to engage a solicitor.

Court staff will help the applicant and will forward the application to the relevant authority:

  • the office of Official Solicitor and Public Trustee for applications from England & Wales
  • the Scottish Executive for applications from Scotland
  • or the Northern Ireland Court Service for applications from Northern Ireland.

The authority will check that the application is in order and send it to the foreign authority or court for registration and enforcement against the person living there.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.