A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Purchasing a property with a non-spouse

For those people who intend to purchase a property but want to protect their interests in that property or for those in dispute with their ex partner (where there was no marriage). The website link should remain as long as it remains valid and contains links to all relevant case law including Jones v Kernott and Stack v Dowden When purchasing a property it is important that you specify the percentage interest you have in the property prior to completing the purchase. It is common for one party to make a larger contribution or the only contribution to the deposit on a property. However, unless this is specified in a declaration of trust, it is less than clear how that party will recover those monies if the relationship ends and the property has to be divided. The Law Society has recently (14.01.13) released a practice note to solicitors which highlights the pitfalls of ignoring the issue and it will be useful to wikivorce users who wish to purchase a property (with a partner, family or friends) or are in dispute with their ex partner.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or