A guide on from C, what it is and how to use it.
Form C – Notice of first appointment
Form C is a type of form used in the divorce process by the court to tell you the date for your first appointment and where your first appointment will be. Both you and your ex will receive a copy. It will also tell you what you must do before your first appointment and the deadlines for each document/action. This includes filling out ES1 and ES2.
ES1 – An ES1 is a composite case summary which sets out all the key information, such as the case number, the names of the parties involved, information as to costs incurred and estimated, as well as a full and concise summary of the issues at hand.
ES2 – An ES2 is a composite asset schedule, set out in a spreadsheet.
Both the ES1 and ES2 must be filed by the applicant –
- One day prior to the FDA/First appointment.
- No later than 7 days prior to the financial resolution hearing (FDR).
- No later that 7 days prior to the final hearing.
Other things you’ll need to do before your first appointment include –
- Both you and your ex must file and serve a questionnaire.
- Both you and your ex must file and serve a maximum of 3 property schedule/particulars to demonstrate their housing needs, for both parties.
- The applicant to file a jointly obtained valuation for each of the houses used as the family home.
- Both you and your ex to jointly obtained mortgage capacity reports.