A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form G

Written by

A guide on form G, what it is and how to use it.

Form G – Notice of first response to first appointment.

Form G is a type of form used in the divorce process which is used for the respondent to let the court know if they are able to proceed straight to the financial dispute resolution hearing (FDR) and skip the first directions hearing (FDA).

First directions hearing (FDA) – A FDA is usually called the ‘first appointment’. An FDA is the first hearing during financial proceedings, during the hearing the court will establish the next steps to be taken to prepare the case for financial settlement.

Financial dispute resolution (FDR) – A FDR is the second court hearing that you and your ex will attend to resolve their finances during a divorce. An FDR is the best way to try to come on an agreement with your ex about your finances.

Form G is used to let the court know you and your ex want to use the first appointment.

If there is missing information (such as if financial disclosure has not been fully made) the FDA can only be treated as a ‘directions hearing’. This will allow time for full financial disclosure to take place.

If there is no missing information, then you can skip the FDA and go straight to the FDR.

You must give the court 2 weeks (14 days) notice of form G being submitted before the date of the first appointment.


User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.
To write a comment please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.