A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

How to complete form A

How to complete form A

The Form A is the application to court for the division of the finances and/or an application for spousal maintenance before everything else is resolved.

To complete it:

In the left hand box you put your spouse's name and address, or the name and address of his/her solicitors if he or she is represented.

In the right hand box, you copy that information from the divorce petition.

Where it says "The marriage of" insert both names.

Where it says "Take Notice" insert your name.

Then on to the tick boxes. You should tick the things you want to apply for. If you are not sure, tick it anyway (!). If you are applying for spousal maintenence before everything else is sorted out, tick all the boxes for what you want in the end as well as now, otherwise you will have to file another Form A and pay another fee.

As to what the boxes mean:

Maintenance pending suit = spousal maintenance while everything else is sorted out;

Secured provision =

Property ajustment = the transfer or sale of the home;

Periodical payments = spousal maintenance as part of the final order;

An order under Scetion 24B, 25B or 25C of the Act of 1973 = these are all the various pension orders. If your spouse has a pension, tick this box.

The remainder is about child maintenance - consider them carefully and decide if any apply to you.

Dont forget to sign it!!!

Then send 3 copies of the form to the court with a cheque payable to HMCS for £210.


User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.