A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Do i have to use the CSA to manage child support?

Do i have to use the CSA to manage child support?

No you can agree a figure between you, unless you as the parent with care of the children receives certain means-tested benefits, in which case you are obliged by the DSS to apply for an assessment by the Child Support Agency. If that you refuse to make an application, you may be penalised by having your benefit payments reduced by a draconian amount - 40% - for an unlimited time.

Other single parents who do not receive benefits may apply to the CSA for an assessment if they wish to, as long as there is no Court Order in force regulating payments. They may however prefer to agree a figure for child maintenance, bearing the Child Support Act calculation in mind.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.