A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What kind of financial orders can the court make in divorce proceedings?

0.0 (0)
What kind of financial orders can the court make in divorce proceedings?

Maintenance orders, Lump sum orders, Transfers of property and Pension Sharing Orders
This article contains a fuller description each of these.

Maintenance orders
These order that one spouse should make maintenance, or periodical payments (usually from the husband to the wife). Payments are normally ordered on a weekly or monthly basis. They can be limited to a set period.

Lump sum orders
These order one spouse to make a payment of a lump sum of money to the other. This sum can be of any amount, depending upon the assets of the parties in any particular case. A lump sum can be ordered in addition to maintenance payments, or it can be in final settlement of the financial obligations of the payer.

Transfers of property
The court can order a husband or wife to transfer any property which belongs to that person to the other spouse. This order is often made when the property to be transferred is the spouse's interest in the former matrimonial home. These orders can be made in relation to all forms of property, including tenancies and company shares, for example.

Pension Sharing Orders
The court can order various types of pension sharing or pension attachment orders.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or