A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form B - Notice application to consider the financial position of the Respondent after divorce

0.0 (0)
Click the button to download the document.
Published By
Published Date
January 01, 2018
Document Format

Notice of an application to consider the financial position of the Respondent after the divorce/dissolution

Before making an application for a financial order you must first attend a Mediation, Information and Assessment Meeting (MIAM). At the MIAM an authorised family mediator will consider with you (and the other party if present) whether family mediation, or another form of non-court dispute resolution, would be a more appropriate alternative to court. The mediator will also be able to sign post you to other help and support services. You must have attended a MIAM before making this application unless the requirement to attend a MIAM does not apply because the financial order you are applying for: is for a consent order; or you are exempt from the requirement to attend a MIAM. (Some exemptions you can claim for yourself, others must be certified by an authorised family mediator). In special circumstances such as where domestic violence is involved - you may not need to attend a MIAM. However, you will be asked to provide the judge with evidence (such as a police report to prove domestic violence has taken place) and should bring it to the first hearing.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or