A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form D440: Request for Search for Divorce Decree Absolute

Form D440
Click the button to download the document.
Published By
Published Date
November 01, 2014

Request for Search for Divorce Decree Absolute.

If you know the court where the divorce, dissolution or annulment took place You must give the court your name, address and case number (if you know it). If you do not know the case number, the court will search 5 years of records either side of the date you believe the decree absolute/final order was pronounced. If you cannot provide this date, the court will search the last 10 years of records. Please take care and ensure that the names of parties are spelt correctly. An incorrect spelling may result in an unsuccessful search. If you have a solicitor applying on your behalf please give your solicitor’s name and address. For contact details of all our courts, visit www.gov.uk/find-court-tribunal The court will send you a copy of a decree absolute or final order by post. If you know the case number, the fee for this search is £10. If you do not know the case number, the fee for this search is £45 for every 10 years of records searched. Even if you know the exact date, the fee still £45.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.