A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Form D70: Application for declaration of marital/civil partnership status

Click the button to download the document.
Published By
Published Date
April 01, 2014
Document Format

Application for declaration of marital/civil partnership status.

• This form should be used if you wish to make an application to the court to determine your marital/ civil partnership status or the status of a couple where you have sufficient interest in the result of the application. • If you do not have copies of the required certificate and/or decree/order you must contact the relevant authorities (e.g. the register office for the area where the marriage/civil partnership took place or the location of the divorce/dissolution/nullity/(judicial) separation) to obtain a copy. • If you wish to determine your own marital/civil partnership status you are known as the Applicant and your spouse/civil partner is known as the Respondent. If you are applying to determine the status of a couple you have an interest in, you are known as the Applicant and the couple will both be known as Respondents. • You must serve copies of the application and the attached documents on the Attorney General at least one month before you make your application to the court. For contact details please see www.attorneygeneral.gov.uk • If completing this form by hand, please use black ink and BLOCK CAPITAL LETTERS and tick the boxes that apply.

User reviews

There are no user reviews for this listing.
To write a review please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.