We believe in building solid foundations and spotting problems early. Parenting classes, early years education, and advice on emotional wellbeing are just as important as breaks for young carers and extra help for disabled children.We work on the ground, in communities, through 503 local services across the UK, in schools and online.herever you find us, we’re doing what’s right for children.We help more than 368,648 children, young people and their families in the UK every year. But we can still do more. See the difference you can make to children’s lives.
We make a difference by:
- Supporting parents and families
- Supporting children and young people
- Campaigning for change
- Publishing vital research and influencing policy
- Fostering and adoption
Every family needs a bit of support from time to time. We’re here to help.
We work with families from before children are born until they’re in their twenties. We do this in lots of different ways – in local services, schools and online.
We step in early to help build positive relationships. We bring parents together at support groups and in our children’s centres. We offer advice and help with parenting skills. And we never, ever judge.
Most importantly, we always do what’s best for children and young people.
Before children are born and when they’re young
We believe in helping families early, laying the foundations for children to thrive. We do this by:
- Offering antenatal support and breastfeeding advice.
- Parenting advice in local programmes and online through our 1:1 chat service.
- Helping more than 175,000 children and families every year in our children’s centres.
As children grow up
Our support for families continues as children grow up. We offer:
- Support for families with disabled children, at home, on short breaks, and by campaigning for change.
- Expert advice on mental and emotional wellbeing through our Parent Talk site and Blues Programme for teenagers
- Youth justice and intensive family support for young people involved in or at risk of crime.