We make sure parents who live apart from their children contribute financially to their upkeep by paying child maintenance.
The Child Maintenance Agency (CMA) is part of the Child Maintenance and Enforcement Commission.
Our role is to make sure that parents who live apart from their children contribute financially to their upkeep by paying child maintenance.
The CMA will continue to operate and provide the statutory maintenance service.
You can only call the Child Maintenance Service if:
- a parent or a child has died
- one of the parents is adopting a child
- you want to close your case
- you have lost your job or you’re temporarily receiving Statutory Sick Pay
- you have been contacted by the Child Maintenance Service in the last 5 days and have been asked to call them
- you want to restart your payments
- you have received notification of a court or tribunal date
- you have received notification of a deduction order from a bank