Our confidential helpline is available for male victims of domestic abuse and male victims of domestic violence across the UK.We support men suffering from domestic abuse from their current or former wife or partner (including same-sex partner).This can range from actual violence or object throwing to mental abuse such as constant bullying or constant insults
We receive calls from male victims of domestic abuse across all age ranges and professions:
• From dustmen and doctors, to, bankers and builders
• From men in their 20s to men in their 80s
• From men in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The helplines welcomes calls from mothers, sisters and friends of male victims seeking information.
Our helpline is operated by trained people who can give both listening and practical support as well as providing information.
Listening support includes:
• Simply someone to talk to
• Giving you confidence
• Helping you to realise you are not blame
• How to report incidents
• Planning an escape
• Police procedures
• Local support services such as charities or domestic abuse support services
• Signposting to support for emergency housing including refuge/safe housing
• Signposting to specialist legal help/solicitors
If we cannot help directly, we know people and organisations who can.