The Institute of Paralegals is an international professional Institute for paralegals and the only Institute in the UK. We are passionate about upholding the highest professional standards in knowledge, practice and ethics across the paralegal profession.
Our purpose is to uphold the highest standards in knowledge, practice and ethics across the paralegal profession and to support individual paralegals in developing the skills and knowledge required to meet these highest standards.
We have developed the competency standards for paralegals and Legal Secretaries which map to the National Occupation Standards for Legal Services.
- Help our members to develop their careers as legal professionals.
- Give free paralegal careers advice
- Represent paralegals (both here and overseas)
- Work with leading organisations to bring you the best paralegal training
- Lobby government, regulators and the legal profession on issues concerning paralegals: rights of audience, diversity, professional recognition, terms and conditions, training, etc.
- Work with employers and recruiters
- Work with training providers, university law schools and others to provide you with the best qualifications at the most affordable price
- Approval of courses for training providers here and overseas