RICS is an independent professional body originally established in the UK by Royal Charter. Since 1868, RICS has been committed to setting and upholding the highest standards of excellence and integrity – providing impartial, authoritative advice on key issues affecting businesses and society.
RICS’ main roles are:
- Advancing the highest ethical and technical standards for professionals in land, property and the built environment
- Protecting and providing benefits to consumers by enforcing standards and codes of best practice
- Providing expert impartial advice to governments, business and the public
- Equipping RICS members with leading edge advice, market insight and professional training
- Promoting RICS status and standards in key worldwide markets as the mark of property professionalism.