Gourmet recipe you'll find only at the finest restaurants. Serves 4.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1 Sliced almonds
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup juice of one fresh orange
2 tbsp butter
1 tsp grated orange rind
Combine brown suger and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add juice, butter and rind. Cook on medium heat,stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Place each Chicken breast filet between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound withmeat mallet to thickness.
- Coat chicken with flour. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Dip one side into egg and press with almonds.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken, almond side down.
- Cook on medium high heat for 3 to 5 minutes or until almonds are toasted.
- Turn breasts.
- Lower heat to medium low and cook for 10 to 12 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Serve with orange sauce.