The cheesy sauce on this potato bake is a must! People of all ages will enjoy this classic meal, its great for lunch or for a single person or even a busy lifestyle. You can also add flavours to suit you're choice. Serves 4.
1/4 cup plain flour
2 1/3 cups milk
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1.2kg Sebago potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6cm deep, 24cm square baking dish.
- Melt butter in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes, or until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Slowly add milk, stirring constantly until well combined. Return to heat. Cook, stirring, until sauce comes to the boil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Stir to combine.
- Arrange one-third of potatoes, overlapping slightly, over base of baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spoon one-third of the cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat twice. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until potatoes are tender and top is golden. If top begins to brown too much, cover with foil.