Emily-Jo's Recipes For one...
Easy to cook fish pie for one for Sunday nights when you're all alone!
- Open a tin of pink salmon and place in a small oven proof dish, open a bag of seafood selection... Iceland does a very good one!
- If you are organised you can thaw this out in advance, otherwise take out the little tidbits you fancy like prawns, scallops, mussels, squid etc and place them in a bowl and put some warm water on them... they will be thawed in 5 mins. Drain well.
- Put your seafood selection on top of the salmon. In a small jug add a little cream (Elmlea light is my favourite) shake a few garlic granules into the cream and some seasoning and use a spoon to stir it up. Pour over the fish.
- Meanwhile you need to have had some potatoes cooking for some mash.... mash these potatoes with a little cream and some low fat spread or butter.
- Have some grated cheddar cheese and some freshly grated parmesan ready (mixed) as we are now going to put this pie together.
- Sprinkle some of the cheese mixture on top of the fish and then pile some mash on top....cheese on top to finish then put in the oven till bubbling.
Serve either on its own or with salad/peas and some crusty bread if desired.