Emily-Jo's Recipes For one...
1/2 pound mixed fruit (anything you like; cherries etc.)
40z butter or margarine
60z SR Flour
40z Demerara sugar
Some extra sugar for sprinkling
- Soak the fruit in a generous glug of brandy for about 3 hours stirring now and again
- Place fruit in a saucepan and gently bring to heat stirring and simmer for about 5 mins, add a little more brandy if you like afterwards
- Add butter to fruit and melt off heat
- Whisk sugar and eggs and add to saucepan
- Fold in flour
- If you think mixture is a little sloppy add a little more flour
- Place mixture into a greased cake tin, sprinkle with Demerara sugar and bake in oven at Gas 4 for approx 45 mins or until you can insert a skewer or sharp knife in and it comes out clean If you think cake is cooking too quick turn oven down a little more. Let the cake cool in the oven when ready.
- Delicious spread with some butter and a little cheese on the side.