Emily-Jo's Recipes For one...
1 salmon steak
1 sheet of puff pastry (I use frozen)
2 tbsps hollandaise sauce
- Season the salmon and squeeze some lemon juice over.
- Place salmon on a piece of thawed and rolled puff pastry (or some you have made).
- Open a jar of hollandaise sauce and spoon some over the salmon (or make your own).
- Wrap the salmon in the pastry and brush with milk, place on a greased oven tray and cook in oven at gas mark 4 for about 15-20 mins until pastry has risen and is golden brown.
- Serve with buttered new potatoes or fries with asparagus, peas, carrots or a nice salad.
- If using fresh, gently break with both hands to remove the stalks – it will break naturally about 2.3 the way down the stalk.
- Place the heads in a microwave dish (id using microwave) or a saucepan for those who prefer to cook (!) and cook with a little water and butter for approx 2-5 mins, depending on type of asparagus, or steam it.
You could also buy a jar if you are pushed for time!