A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Insuring Child Maintenance

To make sure that your children would be financially secure if you or the other parent were to die, consider taking out life insurance.

Work out what income would be needed if either of you died, or the amount of maintenance that is being paid. Either the parent paying the maintenance, or the parent who receives it, can take out life insurance. You would insure the parent responsible for paying the maintenance, and the amount of insurance would be sufficient to cover the payments that would be lost. To find out more about life insurance, see Insurance made clear.

Read how others coped:
'I'm sure I will get some maintenance for my son from my soon-to-be-ex and one of the things I've been thinking about is...
that I should take out some insurance on my ex-husband's life so that, if anything does happen, then the maintenance will carry on. Otherwise, we could be very vulnerable.'

User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.
To write a comment please register or