A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Changes In Capital

If you were not married or in a civil partnership then a change in your capital position or that of your partner is unlikely to give rise to any financial claims between you, although it may be possible for you to make further claims on behalf of any children (see if you have children)

If you were married or in a civil partnership, and either your capital position worsens or you believe your former spouse or civil partner's capital position has significantly improved, then you should check the terms of the agreement or court order made on divorce or dissolution to see whether you are still allowed to make claims for capital against your former partner or whether your claims for capital were brought to an end (called a “clean break”) see The financial settlement. If they have not been dismissed it may be possible for you to make a claim. You should speak to a solicitor if this is the case to see what your options are.

User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.
To write a comment please register or