A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Property And Possessions

The settlement may include agreements to transfer property (often the home, but also other things like savings accounts or investments) from one of you to the other or from joint names into one of your sole names.

If necessary, a court can order that a property such as the family home is sold, or transferred into one of your names until a date in the future (for example until the youngest child turns 18). The order will specify what happens afterwards, for example, the property must be sold and a certain amount or percentage of the proceeds paid to the other spouse or civil partner - see Living arrangements for more details as to how the family home can be dealt with and Splitting what you have for information about how other property and possessions can be dealt with.

User comments

There are no user comments for this listing.
To write a comment please register or

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Orders from £359

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.