A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Mon/Fri 9am-6pm       Sat/Sun 2pm-6pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

international divorce

  • blue09
  • blue09's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
05 May 09 #113713 by blue09
Topic started by blue09
Hi can anyone please help?! I am Scottish - married a Tibetan guy in India 2008 under the Special Marriage Act. It was a huge mistake and now I want to divorce. Can I do this under Scottish law (it would be a mutual consent divorce) or does it have to be under Indian law? ANY advice would be appreciated - I am so stuck.


  • Young again
  • Young again's Avatar
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
08 May 09 #114767 by Young again
Reply from Young again
Hi blue09,

I presume you live in Scotland, in which case you could divorce under Scottish Law and since yours was a short marriage (assuming the two of you didn't cohabit for years aforehand) financially you should each leave with what you brought into the marriage.


Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11