A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Jurisdiction Problem (Scotland-England)

  • nemo707
  • nemo707's Avatar Posted by
  • New Member
  • New Member
10 May 12 #329641 by nemo707
Topic started by nemo707

I used to live in Scotland and got separated from my Ex in Dec 2010. We do not have any children or joint property. She DOES NOT want divorce.

She filed a maintenance case for which I am still paying "interim" aliment.

I dont know where she lives now England or Scotland or some other country.

After Dec 2012, 24 months of separation would be complete, so I was thinking about using simplified procedure.

The maintenance case is on a sisted state..i.e. paused state (she requested to pause it and disappeared)

problem 1) Can the maintenance case cause a problem for simplified process as one of the condition is there should not be any pending financial matter.

Problem 2) I live in England now and the laws are different in England. Would that cause jurisdiction problem for me because I dont live in Scotland ?

Your responses would be appreciated.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11