What is the process?
This process for this service is as follows:
|1) Find Out More: Call one of our experienced Advisors who can answer all your questions about the service and whether it is suitable for you. Our lines are open every day until 8pm. Please feel free to call us on 01202 805020 or 0800 44 88 66 44|
2) Place Order: Once you have decided to go ahead with the service you need to place an order and pay the fixed fee. Click the "Order Now" button below to place an order on our website, or to order over the phone call our helpline.
3) Financial Questionnaire: Once we have received your order - we will email you a financial questionnaire to complete and return. We need to know the financial circumstances of both you and your ex (for example: property value, mortgage outstanding, pensions, salaries, savings etc). We also require some other key details such as the length or your marriage and the number and ages of your children. It is also important to know about you: your health, your job, your skills and career prospects.
|4) Consultation scheduled: All parties will agree a convenient date and time for the telephone consultation, and schedule it in their diary.|
5) Preparation: The arbitrator will review your financial questionnaire. You will get more out of the service if you also prepare for the call and write down a list of questions/issues that you want to discuss.
6) Consultation: At the appointed time the arbitrator will call you for your consultation. You have 1 hour to discuss the case. You can discuss alternative scenarios (e.g. keep the house vs sell the house), as well as clarifying points of law (e.g. should the inheritance be included) and also get an overall view on what would be the likely outcome were your case to proceed to court. If you feel you need to extend the call you can do this at a cost of £100 per 30 minutes extension.
7) Report: After your consultation, the arbitrator will write a summary report including their legal opinion on: where you stand legally, what a fair settlement might look like, and what your options are for moving forward. This report will form a good basis for you to reach agreement.