What is the process?
This process for this service is as follows:
|1) Find Out More: Call one of our experienced Advisors on 01202 805020. We can answer all your questions about the service and whether it is suitable for you.|
2) Place Order: Once you have decided to go ahead with the service you need to place an order and pay the fixed fee. Click the "Order Now" button below to place an order on our website, or call us on 01202 805020 to order over the phone.
3) Financial Questionnaire: Once we have received your order - we will email you a financial questionnaire to complete and return. We need to know the financial circumstances of both you and your ex (for example: property value, mortgage outstanding, pensions, salaries, savings etc). We also require some other key details such as the length or your marriage and the number and ages of your children. It is also important to know about you: your health, your job, your skills and career prospects.
|4) Consultation scheduled: An assistant from the family law department at Brethertons will call you to agree a convenient date and time for your telephone consultation|
5) Preparation: Both you and the solicitor then prepare for your consultation. The solicitor will review your financial questionnaire. You should prepare a list of questions that you want to ask.
6) Consultation: At the appointed time the solicitor will call you for your consultation. They will try to understand your objectives (e.g. Do you want to stay in the family home?). They will also need to understand something about your ex: are they willing to negotiate? are they likely to be reasonable? What do they want? You will also have an opportunity to ask them some specific questions.
7) Report: After your consultation, your solicitor will write a summary report including their legal opinion on: where you stand legally, what a fair settlement might look like, and what your options are for moving forward. This report will form a good basis for you to start negotiations.