A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

Preventing your child from being taken overseas without your permission

If you fear that your child may be removed from England & Wales it is important to urgently make contact with a specialist solicitor. There are number of immediate actions that can be taken to lessen the risk of abduction if you have parental responsibility such as arranging for a port alert where there is an imminent threat of abduction.

preventing-child-abduction-denied-passport.jpgOther actions that can be taken may include the safeguarding of the child's passport and preventing a further passport being issued or applying for a prohibited steps order.

If you think that there is a danger of your child being removed but the danger is not immediate you need to consider whether it is worth getting a solicitor to write a letter to your ex partner to try and prevent the same.

 If immediate action needs to be taken then you will need to consider obtaining a prohibited steps order or a wardship order depending on where your child is going to travel to.

You can also contact the national ports authority in certain circumstances.

{article id="14916"}{/article}  


Useful Resources

These organisations provide specialist support and advice to parents dealing with the issue of child abduction.

{article id="14844"}{/article}

{article id="14845"}{/article} 

{article id="14846"}{/article} 

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.