Legal Advice on Financial Settlement
This service provides a full consultation with experienced family solicitor. You will receive legal advice and a written report outlining your legal position and what a fair settlement would be based on your individual circumstances.
Who is this service suitable for?
This service is suitable for anyone who needs to sort out a financial settlement, related to their divorce (or separation or dissolution) and who would like to know:
- what they are entitled to
- what the law says is a fair settlement
- what a court would decide
It is appropriate for people who:
- are getting divorced
- are already divorced but now want to get a legal financial settlement
- are married but separating/separated and want to put a separation agreement in place
- are cohabitees (unmarried) and separating
- are Civil Partners and are getting separated or getting a dissolution
It can be done at any stage of your case.
It is available to anyone regardless of how simple or complex their financial situation.
A Financial Settlement Consultation is an important step in working out what your fair settlement regardless of the method you will be using to negotiate. So it is relevant for :
- couples planning to discuss the settlement directly between themselves
- couples going to mediation
- people going to court
It is especially suitable for people who have not yet had any clear legal advice from a solicitor about what they are entitled to.