One Parent Families Scotland has been working on behalf of lone parents and their families since 1944.
We are a national voluntary organisation, registered as a charity. Our members include individual lone parents, various organisations working with lone parents and others who just simply want to support the cause of lone parents.
- A telephone help-line for lone parents, pregnant women and contact parents and organisations working with lone parents, on topics such as benefits, employment, maintenance, funding for education, holidays, childcare and parenting problems. We can also do individual benefit calculations over the phone.
- Lone Parent Rights Guide and a wide range of fact sheets. We also produce a regular newsletter for members and other interested organisations and we are compiling a Scottish Directory of Organisations relevant to lone parents.
- A web site giving direct access to our information.
- Training on subjects such as advice for lone parents, child maintenance and sources of help for lone parents. We also have a specialist library for adults and children.
- We support a Scottish Lesbian Mother’s Network and a group in Edinburgh, a Scottish Men in Childcare Network and a Scottish Sitter Services Network.
- A newsletter & a wide range of leaflets and publications on topics such as benefits, holidays & childcare.