HomeAid Caithness & Sutherland exists to provide essential household furniture and electrical items to people in Caithness and Sutherland who are struggling to survive on a low income and would not be able to furnish their home or replace items without our assistance
We assist a wide variety of people, for example those who are ill, disabled, homeless, unemployed, escaping violence, elderly, those leaving care or those recovering from a crisis such as a fire or flood.
If you are:
- Living in Caithness or Sutherland.
- In receipt of benefits (excluding tax credits)
- Unable to acquire or replace essential household items by other means.
Then you should be able to access help from HomeAid. You can go to the following agencies/organisations and ask to be referred to HomeAid for assistance or you can contact HomeAid for a direct referral:
- Social Work Department
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Community Health Team
- Community Mental Health Team
- Highland Council Housing, Service Point or Money Advice
- Job Centre Plus
- Women`s Aid
- Housing Association
- Ormlie Community Association
- Pulteneytown Peoples Project
- Careers Scotland
Call HomeAid on 01847 890696 for more information on how to access help.
Since it was founded in November 1996 HomeAid Caithness has
- Received over four thousand requests from families and individuals for essential household items that they needed but could not afford
- Redistributed over thirty one thousand good quality household items to those struggling to live on a low-income in Caithness and parts of Sutherland
- Made over six thousand deliveries to households around Caithness and Sutherland from Dornoch to Durness, Lairg to John O`Groats
Sometimes it only requires one item to make a difference to a household and in other instances we can help to completely furnish or re-furnish a home.