A well respected, award winning social enterprise
Volunteer run - Government and charity funded
We help 50,000 people a year through divorce

01202 805020

Lines open: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Call for FREE expert advice & service info

What are we each entitled to in our divorce settlement?

What does the law say about how to split the house, how to share pensions and other assets, and how much maintenance is payable.

What steps can we take to reach a fair agreement?

The four basic steps to reaching an agreement on divorce finances are: disclosure, getting advice, negotiating and implementing a Consent Order.

What is a Consent Order and why do we need one?

A Consent Order is a legally binding document that finalises a divorcing couple's agreement on property, pensions and other assets.

Do you need help sorting out a fair financial settlement?

Our consultant service offers expert advice and support to help you reach agreement on a fair financial settlement quickly, and for less than a quarter of the cost of using a traditional high street solicitor.

Getting House Valued

  • Shelia
  • Shelia's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Sep 07 #3215 by Shelia
Topic started by Shelia
I have had a letter from my H's sol. He is living in our home, I have moved out. I am wanting the house valued. His sol is saying he does not agree to it being valued at this stage but we are both filling in form Es and I have started ancilliary relief proceedings.

Can he do this? The house is in joint names. He says he has got a valuation, but there is no sign of it in writing, and it is well below what the house is worth. Surely I can have my own valuation? I would also like to be present as I do not trust him and far as I can throw him.

Your thoughts please


  • PBrad
  • PBrad's Avatar
  • New Member
  • New Member
11 Sep 07 #3216 by PBrad
Reply from PBrad
Hi yes you are enitled to at least 3 valuations which an average is drawn and if you are still not happy you can have a survey done on the property which u and you husband will have to pay half each this cant be tampered with as it gets sent straight to both solicitors hope this helps

  • Shelia
  • Shelia's Avatar Posted by
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
11 Sep 07 #3218 by Shelia
Reply from Shelia
Yes thank you for replying, you have put my mind at rest.

Moderators: wikivorce teamrubytuesdaydukeyhadenoughnowTetsSheziLinda SheridanForsetiMitchumWhiteRoseLostboy67WYSPECIALBubblegum11

The modern, convenient and affordable way to divorce.

No-Fault Divorce £179

We provide the UK's lowest cost no-fault divorce service, managed by a well respected firm of solicitors. 

Online Mediation £250

Online mediation is a convenient and inexpensive way to agree on a fair financial settlement.

Consent Order £259

This legally binding agreement defines how assets (e.g. properties and pensions) are to be divided.

Court Support £250

Support for people who have to go to court to get a fair divorce financial settlement without a solicitor.