For those of you who are cookery virgins, celebrity chef Terry Miller shares with us his easy and affordable recipe that is completely fool-proof and, most importantly, wont break the bank. And the great thing is this recipe serves 4-6 people and even kids will enjoy it.
4 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves (Leaving the skin on and bone in produces richer flavor and costs less than boneless, skinless.)
3 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, rosemary, tarragon or sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (yellow part only)
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Adjust rack to the upper-middle position and preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a broiler pan bottom with foil and lay slotted broiler pan on top.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and arrange skin-side-up on the broiler-pan top.
- Mix together the butter, herbs, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Brush the chicken with the melted butter mixture.
- Roast until the breasts register 160 F on an instant-read thermometer (taking care not to touch the bone), about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.
This recipe is extremely simple so feel free to add rice, vegetables or potatoes for you're own personal touch.