Emily-Jo's Recipes For one... pork chop casserole with lime and coriander served with garlic and cheese mash.
1 or 2 pork chops
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove garlic crushed
1 or 2 tbsp lime juice
Handful frozen mixed vegetables or some sliced carrots
Thickening granules or 2 or 3 tsp corn flour mixed with a little water
1 tbsp dried coriander leaf or fresh if you prefer
2 tbsp cream
- Warm oven to 170c or gas mark 3 or150c if using a fan oven
- Using an oven proof casserole dish with a lid place chop in it and throw over chopped onion, garlic, vegetables, limejuice and coriander.
- Cover with just enough water so that chop is covered season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Put dish into the middle of the oven and cook for about 1 ½ to 2 hours checking every half hour or to give it a stir. This is cooked when the chop is tender, poke with a knife.
- Once cooked, take dish out of the oven thicken with the granules or corn flour and stir in the cream.
- FOR THE POTATOES: boil the potatoes until cooked and mash with a little butter/low fat spread, crushed garlic or garlic paste or garlic granules and a little milk and season to taste.
- Put the mash into a dish and cover the top of the mash with some grated cheddar cheese and either place in the top of the oven about 15 minutes before casserole is ready or brown under the grill for about 5 minutes.